HIDE High Wind Warning issued April 25 at 3:31PM EDT until April 27 at 12:00PM EDT by NWS Blacksburg
...Strong to Damaging Winds Expected Friday Afternoon through
.A strong cold front will cross the area Friday afternoon. Behind
this front winds are expected to increase rapidly from the
northwest and remain very gusty through Saturday morning.
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON FRIDAY TO NOON EDT
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect from noon Friday to noon EDT
* Winds...Northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Timing...Early afternoon Friday through late morning Saturday.
* Impacts...Many downed trees, tree limbs, and power lines, also
potentially dangerous driving conditions for those in high
* Locations...Northern Mountains of North Carolina and Grayson
* Hazards...Damaging winds and wind gusts.