HIDE Flood Watch issued February 22 at 10:34PM EST until February 26 at 1:00AM EST by NWS Blacksburg
...Additional Moderate to Heavy Rainfall Possible Late Tonight
into Saturday Night...
.A slow moving warm front lifts northward from the Southeast
United States into the Mid-Atlantic through Sunday morning
followed quickly by a cold front. An extended period of rain,
moderate to heavy at times, will impact the area late tonight
into Saturday night.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of northwest North Carolina, Virginia, and southeast
West Virginia, including the following areas, in northwest
North Carolina, Alleghany NC, Ashe, and Watauga. In Virginia,
Alleghany VA, Bath, Bland, Carroll, Craig, Floyd, Giles,
Grayson, Montgomery, Pulaski, Smyth, Tazewell, and Wythe. In
southeast West Virginia, Eastern Greenbrier, Mercer, Monroe,
Summers, and Western Greenbrier.
* Through late Saturday night
* Periods of moderate to heavy rain. Rainfall totals of 1 to 2
inches are expected through Sunday, with locally higher amounts
* Flooding of small creeks and streams, as well as main stem
rivers will be possible.
* With saturated soils and more rain, some rock or mudslides may
occur, especially in mountainous terrain.