HIDE Wind Advisory issued January 23 at 3:29PM EST until January 24 at 10:00AM EST by NWS Blacksburg
...Gusty Northwest Winds Tonight and Early Wednesday along the
A strong cold front which has moved through the Mid-Atlantic
Region is causing strong winds across the higher elevations along
the Blue Ridge. Strongest wind gusts are expected to occur along
the Blue Ridge Parkway from Roanoke into the the mountains of
Northwest North Carolina.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST WEDNESDAY...
* Locations...The Blue Ridge Mountains including and southwest
* Hazards...Strong northwest wind gusts.
* Winds...Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...The strongest winds are expected overnight tonight.
Northwest wind gusts should then ease early morning Wednesday.
* Impacts...These winds may down small trees or tree limbs...as
well as power lines. Loose outdoor objects should be secured.
Winds this strong can make travel difficult, especially for
high profile vehicles.