HIDE Dense Fog Advisory issued February 20 at 3:57AM EST until February 20 at 10:00AM EST by NWS Blacksburg
...DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THIS
* Locations...Generally east and south of the Blue Ridge,
including the New River and Roanoke Valleys.
* Hazards...Areas of dense fog with severely reduced
* Visibilities...Mainly half mile or less.
* Timing...until 10 am this morning.
* Impacts...Travel will be hampered within the areas of dense fog.
Now, where do we find these plants blooming? I don't think we even need to talk about dandelions....They are going to find us! Skunk Cabbage is a different story. There is a bog behind Earth Fare in Boone.....you will find them blooming there. I have two friends who have them blooming around their ponds and I'm sworn to secrecy on those. And then there is the Blue Ridge Parkway. Check your wildflower books for the Parkway location(s)....I do not know the exact location.
Have fun. We'll get into the next set of plants a little later.